To help protect your account, follow these guidelines and safeguards regarding your password:
Password Selection Tips
- Use a combination of letters and numbers (e.g. Gators7248)
- Use 8 or more characters – the longer the better.
- Don’t use personal information that can easily be guessed (e.g phone number, last name etc.)
- Don’t use the same password used for other important online accounts.
- Don’t use your Username (the system won’t let you).
- Don’t use common words found in a dictionary.
- Don’t use “password”, “123456”, “777777”, “abcdef” or other easy to guess terms/patterns.
Protect your Password/Account
- Change your password regularly.
- Always log off the system when finished.
- Store written passwords securely (e.g. safe or locked cabinet).
- Record password reminders instead of the actual password.
- Don’t store your password on your computer.
- Don’t share your password with others.
- Don’t store your password in your desk.